As specialist Family Law Solicitors, we understand that family issues and problems can be complicated and upsetting to deal with. Consequently, we deal with matters in a constructive manner to encourage settlement and are here to help.
Main areas of practice
We can provide expert specialist advice on:-
- Divorce/Separation – preparing, or responding, to a divorce petition, including judicial separation and dissolving a civil partnership. Additionally, advising parties of the implications of separating from a partner or spouse whether considering divorce proceedings or a separation agreement.
- Finances on divorce/separation – assisting parties with pre-action matters relating to their finances. This includes settlement negotiations, preparation of a Consent Order and referring for mediation. We also act for individuals pursing Court claims relating to their finances on separation. This includes preparing claim forms, and associated court paperwork, and representation at Court hearings.
- Children – helping parents with child arrangements for their child(ren), mediation, and Court proceedings including representation.
- Cohabitation agreements – many families choose not to marry or enter civil partnership but instead put in place a contractual arrangement set out what happens on separation. We assist parties with preparation of the agreements and disputes arising on separation.
- Change of name deeds – for both adults and minors with parental consent.
- Pre-nuptial and post nuptial agreements – agreements entered into before and after marriage/civil partnership setting out what is agreed in the event of separation.
This firm provides a private paying service and does not provide Legal Aid. For further advice relating to Legal Aid in Family Disputes please visit the government’s Legal Aid Agency website.
For a free initial consultation, call us on 0151 318 1599 or click here to contact us.